affected by an order made by the high court

moylan1

I received a registered letter from anglo irish bank today informing me that I am affected by an order made by the high court . The letter states that any payments and/or lodgements processed though the Anglo Irish Bank in the Isle of Man between certain dates by customers of Anglo Irish Bank with an address in Ireland with amounts exceeding 6350 euros should be furnished to the Revenue commissioners.

What concerns me is that i am not a customer with an account with Anglo Irish. The bank makes a reference of a transfer for 9000 euros but this was a gift from my dad, who has an account with them in the isle of man when I was buying a house in 2002. He electronically transferred the money from his account to my current account in Dublin.

Does anyone think I have grounds for applying to the high court for getting my name off the list, as the letter says I am allowed to do so.

If I can’t, what implications does this have for me as the letter advises me that I should seek professional advice.

It will cost you at least 10k in legal fees to make an application to the High Court. If you are worried about this letter, see a solicitor.

I would not worry about the High Court.

Simply write to the Revenue Commissioners telling them the story.

Brendan

Back