Aerlingus payment detail

Snowblaze

I am changing my aerlingus flight dates to next year. When changing flights with aerlingus they ask for card details. This is for the difference in flight costs im aware. However when giving the card details it asks you to agree to the bank debiting full cost of flights and not a difference. Im afraid if i go ahead they will deduct full amount & then I'll have major hassle getting funds returned! The difference for me is actually a minus which i understand i will lose. Has anyone here gone through the process of changing flights and may be able to advise. Thanks

Thanks, yes that is the obvious answer but impossible to get through!! Just thought someone might have had the experience!!

I have done this a few times,

in “My Trips”-> “manage my booking” -you need to be logged in, the system knows you have a fully paid booking, and knows it is only any applicable difference, is to be charged, i did not have any issues.

The system asks you for your card details for any excess if applicable, as people change cards, etc, so system does not assume, that the card you used to make original booking, is the one you want to use for the flight change. There is also, baggage changes, which could add additional cost, and the Aer Lingus carry on policy changed a month or so ago, so you now have to pay extra to bring a carry on travel bag onboard.

I experienced zero issues anyway, but i have also got through(eventually) to an agent by phone, to change something or other, i could not do on manage my booking.

Thanks fayf, thanks for your reply. I have to be honest I jumped to the conclusion they were asking me for the full amount, seeing it was around same as id originally paid for the flight 2021. Actually they were asking me for the difference in flight cost 2021 to 2022. Aerlingus flights have doubled the cost of flights for 2022 for same destination/mth!!!!

Aerlingus flights have doubled the cost of flights for 2022 for same destination/mth!!!!
At least Aer Lingus usually load their schedule 330 days in advance so you have a bit of a choice for 2022. Ryanair have not yet loaded their schedule for 2022 on many of their flights.
We all have unused Gift vouchers and flight vouchers to be used up. However, both airlines know this, they also know that these are about to expire. Aer Lingus replacement vouchers have a 5 year use by date. Ryanair's have a one year use by date.
Try booking a flight for 2022 with one of your vouchers that is due to expire and you will pay double for those flights now. Of course as you get nearer 2022, when your vouchers are out of date the prices will start dropping.

Back