Aer Lingus Verifly app

Mocame

I am just back from a holiday abroad and thought it would be worth sharing my experience of a new app called Verifly which Aer Lingis have provided to enable travellers to upload all their Covid related documents and smooth their passage through the airport.

When I got to the airport to fly home there was a separate queue for people who had used this app which moved miles faster than the other queues, so it is well worth using it if you can.

However I found it impossible to use for my party of five (inc three kids) so I have up after two miserable hours of trying. The app requires each passenger to take a selfie (despite the fact there is a picture on your passport) and your headshot must be aligned perfectly for this to work. I could not get my primary school aged child to do this successfully. I don't know how anyone could do this for a toddler. Also the app would not save the PCR tests for my older children because they did not include their date of birth and suggested we amend the test results to include this info which was impossible to do on a mobile phone.

So in summary this app has lots of benefits, if you can get it to work, but it is very, very glitchy.

The options are either upload the information to the app, or print off all of the information and have it checked manually at the airport in a much longer queue.

PCR test results or EU Covid Vaccine Cert + Passenger locator form. All are compulsory to board an aircraft these days for everyone except small children.

Signed up to this app while in Lanzarote last week. Easy enough. The only thing to upload is the Irish Passenger Locator Form and take the selfie. Entered details of return flights and that was it. Appeared at the Aer Lingus check in desk on Friday and the young Spanish lady seemed amused by my offering her the app on my phone. She merely asked if we had filled in an Irish PLC but said she did not need to see it. On arrival at Dublin, guy in passport control asked if I was fully vaccinated and had filled in the PLF. Took my word for it!
Didn't notice a queue at Dublin on the way out but we only did bag drop and straight to security. No separate queue at Lanzarote and no bag drop either.
Hard to see the point of Verifly.

Had the same experience a few weeks ago. Spent a good while setting it up for every family member then no-one ever looked at it. There was a Verifly boarding lane at Dublin airport but they were just letting anyone through. On the way back the staff at the gate had no idea what it was and we had to show our original emails with our passenger locator forms, so Verifly actually delayed us. Waste of time.

I presume you never fly them? Or perhaps you were blissfully ignorant of having to provide them with all that data if you want to fly :rolleyes:
Verifly require more info than buying a plane ticket does.

And you're not just providing the info to Aer Lingus, you're providing it to Verifly who are daon.com

At the very least you are exposing yourself to two risks 1) that daon will at some point sell your data or 2) that they have a security breach and it gets leaked.

Given the amount of personal data the app was looking for and the negligible (if any) benefit I saw in using it I declined to use it. I've had no problem just having the covid cert and whatever passenger locator forms I've needed on my phone directly without any 3rd party app.

Sounds like more voluntary theft of your privacy. No thanks.
That's just what my son said.
We had both filled in the info required by the Verifly app, and were among the first ones in the special queue to leave from Dublin airport. Were still asked to show every individual piece of information... so what is the point?

I deleted the app and it says all data held will be deleted. I'm sure I share my data with lots of apps but I decline as many cookies as I can.

Any updates on this?

I presume it's optional?

Is it for all Aer Lingus flights or just to some destinations?

Has it become redundant when Covid documents are not required?
Presumably you must still show your boarding pass and passport?

Brendan

Last edited:
Any updates on this?

I presume it's optional?

Is it for all Aer Lingus flights or just to some destinations?

Has it become redundant when Covid documents are not required?
Presumably you must still show your boarding pass and passport?

Brendan
I flew back and forth to the EU 5 times in the last year with Aer Lingus. I haven't ever used Verifly, and they do not look for any covid document when checking in. You simply tick a box on for your when checking into your flight. I keep a paper copy of my covid cert anyways, but I also keep photocopies of my passport....

Anybody fly to the USA with Aer Lingus lately and did they insist on Verifly?

Back