aer lingus return flight reimbursed?

stanbowles

Have requested reimbursement of a return Aer Lingus flight Dub-Madrid going out yesterday - Tues 20th (cancelled) and returning tomorrow Thurs 22 (probably will fly) but see that some (most?) airlines will only reimburse the cancelled flight.

Would it not be fairer just to reimburse both outward and homeward flights where customer requests? Surely in the majority of cases, the cancellation of the outward journey - esp for midweek one or two day, work related trips - implies no show for the homeward flight..

Stan

If reservation was made at same time and you have the same ref then refund is given for both flights. So far have had (almost) no problem with either FR and EI getting refunds on return flights -except that with FR have had to call them when the boarding pass for the return flight had already been printed. This took ages and cost money, but otherwise should be no problem.

the problem arises when you have booked a return flights seperately from the outbound flight- either with the same or different airlines.

Hi

I have a similar situation to OP. I had a flight to Barcelona for today morning (canceled) and a flight back scheduled for Monday. From what oldnick says, it should be no problem getting a refund for both as they are on the same confirmation number.
But it seems there may be a problem when return flight was bought separately. That's exactly the situation for second party which was supposed to join me in Barcelona today.
They have bought a flight with Ryanair to Girona for today (canceled) and return flight from Reus on Monday. Now, I expect Ryanair will cause problems, but can anyone tell from experience if this problem is solvable and is it possible to get a refund for the ticket bought separately?

Also, other important question... This canceled Ryanair flight included Ryanair insurance for 3 people... is insurance refunded as well ?

I have also another query about Aer Lingus... hence my flight was canceled I can either rebook or claim a refund. Is it possible to access rebook form online and proceed to the step where I can actually see what rebook options I have? I'm concerned, judging by not clear enough description on the form page, that once I click Continue on 'change flight details', system will save this and I will not be able to claim a refund.. It sounds stupid enough probably, but when money is involved, I prefer to ask stupid question than actually act stupid and loose cash :)

Just to add to the plot. What if, after you booked, you made a change to a flight date and incurring a cost to do so. Change was made straight away just after booking a couple of months back. Will this date change fee be refunded allowing whole of flight is been refunded.??

I wouldn't say they would refund the change fee because that ws a fee for changing the dates, which was done, hence the fee was used for that purpose so nothing left to refund.

Back