Aer Lingus refund requests

Roro999

I had trips booked to France for September with AL. They cancelled the flights back in June and I have requested refunds by emailing refund requests. I booked partly using previously issued vouchers from cancellations due to the pandemic last year and partly by paying cash. I have heard nothing back yet. Anyone else with the same issue. Any advice or do I just wait.

I am in the same boat. They cancelled my flights in June also. I have also requested refund, but have heard nothing back from them. I didn't use vouchers to pay though.

They have no excuses for this kind of behaviour. It should be a well oiled machine at this stage, giving refunds. They were given some slack last year because of the amount of cancellations.

Post here.

I was trying to change flights with Aer Lingus. I spent a total of 5 hours (over 3 attempts) trying to get through to their Customer Service (sic) line. Eventually someone answered my call. It then took 2 hours on the phone call to get the lady to rebook the flights. After every little detail, she put me on hold, as if she had to check with a supervisor. At the end of the call I asked her name and where she was based. Turned out she was based in Bulgaria. Unbelievable

I recently got a refund from AL 3 months after I requested it for the first time. I emailed them a couple more times but received no replies whatsoever except for automated messages.

Initially it took some serious searching to find the link for the refund request (they do not provide it in their emails, they only do for vouchers and flight changes) and then I wasn't 100% sure I was choosing the right options. Shameful policy if you ask me.

I filed a complaint with the Commission for Aviation Regulation (CAR), who replied after one week to say that they had received it and that they were starting an investigation. Another week later I got my refund.

EDIT: I have received confirmation from CAR that it was only after they contacted AL that they issued my refund. Fair play to CAR!

Last edited:
Back