Aer Lingus- Bring your own food.

P

ParkLane

In the past 4 weeks I have returned on Aer Lingus flights from European cities to find that it is practically impossible to purchase a sandwich on board. On the first flight from Paris I was seated in row 5. They had no sandwiches left by the time they got to row 5! Recently returning from Dubrovnik I was seated in row 7 and again no sandwiches. When I enquired I was told that everything was eaten on the outward flight and they had nothing left for the inbound flight. They were sick and tired sending memos but the catering company involved just won't listen!! Wha? It would appear it is the catering company that is calling the tune!

Funny,

I've just experienced the same thing on the return flight from Dubrovnik, they told me everything was sold on the way out there. Whata load of crap imho ....

Its down to Aer Lingus to decide how much food they think they can sell on each flight, they make a profit on it it's not a break even exercise, so it's clearly a case of someone at Aer Lingus getting the stock levels wrong (regularly, from the sounds of what I've heard).... off with their heads !

Clearly, another example of where our State Airline does not give a damn about us anymore. The sooner the better it's sold, then at least, we wont have to worry about helping to bail it out everytime it messes up in the future & might even make a quick killing on a share floatation if it goes that route ;)

Cheers

G>

Aer Lingus - No Motto

I flew with Aer Lingus to New York recently...

Everytime someone asked the cabin crew for something - food, drinks, blankets... one phrase rolled of each member's tongue:

"Hang on, I'll see if we have any left"

It was said so often, I actually thought that this should become AerLingus' new motto. :)

-soc

Having no sandwiches or savoury packs left we asked for two cup a soups. My cup was filled to the top but my wifes's cup was filled only half way because the air hostess ran out of water. It was too much trouble for her to lean across the trolley and take her colleagues kettle and top up our second cup. The water was to the lower side of lukewarm. They had plenty of duty free cigarettes though. I overheard a passenger say that he paid €75 for a watch on the outward journey. On the inward journey it was priced at €60. Apparently there was a 20% sale on jewellery items available this month but this passenger was charged the full price on the outward journey. He wasn't pleased.

Phoenix, Dubrovnik was really lovely and safe. We were there for 4 days and it was plenty. The old town main street is about the length of Grafton Street but you can only walk up and down Grafton Street so many times. Prices very reasonable and easy to get around and to and from the airport. Took a boat trip to the town of Cavtat, really lovely. Lots of hotels to choose from, we were even approached twice asking if we needed a room. Food really tasty, they haven't been Tescoised yet! Flight time 3 hours and of course because they are outside the EU you can buy duty free. A 1 litre bottle of Bushmills at Dubrovnik airport was €12. Smirnoff €10. 200 smokes €16 (on the plane). Cup of coffee €1.50 and generous slice of cake €1.Well worth a visit.

Phoenix

Trip was good, but dont spend more than 4 days there you will go crazy with boredom. Hope you like Pizza & seafood also btw ;)

Cheep enough to get around, drink, smoke and eat etc.

Hire a car or do some of the full day trips around the country if your going for more than a week.

Flights (to be fair), were very cheap on Aer Fingers, €50 each return incl taxes, so cant complain about that in the slightest .,. just wish they would sort out the food issues pls !

Back