Advise on website hosting companies

Limestone

Hello
I will be setting up a website targeting Irish clients/customers. I am planning to use a .ie domain name as it will allow me a greater choice of website names and from what I read it is considered better for an Irish audience.

I was originally thinking of using godaddy but they don’t seem to support .ie.

I would appreciate any advice please
  • On my plan to use a .ie
  • On alternatives to godaddy which support .ie and which are as user-friendly to build my website in terms of the range of templates such as godaddy or wicks. I would also welcome to hear of people’s experience of companies that they use for hosting .ie.
Thanks

Blacknight for your domain name. Use Wix.com or Shopify for website builders as they're both the best.

We’ve used Blacknight and host.is for registering .ie domains, both are similar with host.ie possibly being a bit similar to navigate.

In-terms of hosting we found the shared hosting with Blacknight too slow for modern websites, the only option being to go with self managed VPS (too much hassle just to host a website!). moved all our sites to a2hosting (Netherlands based) which offer much quicker shared hosting (for a price of course).

Have found the support teams at both Blacknight and a2hosting excellent to deal with.

Thanks Audio and Zenith for your replies. I will follow up on these. I want to mention that I only need a very basic website, it will consist of about 4 to 5 pages with data, graphics, links to websites and a link directly to my email address. There will be no sales, payments or bookings required. In light of this, does this change any of your suggestions given my requirements are not very extensive? I don't intend incurring too much expenditure on the website.

Back