Advise on renting out home

Nevertheless it would be helpful to hear what they say and it would be exceedingly helpful if the tenant's complain to the PRTB about the landlord/non landlord popping in without notice.
Only as "helpful" as many naive posters find when they ring Revenue or other state institutions and are given misleading "advice" that is designed to suit the institution and frustrate the person making the enquiry.

Only as "helpful" as many naive posters find when they ring Revenue or other state institutions and are given misleading "advice" that is designed to suit the institution and frustrate the person making the enquiry.

+1

If I'd €1 for every time I've heard of Revenue giving bogus information to taxpayers, I'd be a happy person.

I am interested in this...

My house is mortgaged with tracker; I remarried in 2015, my spouse has their own property approx 20 miles away, currently rented out since 2014 with no mortgage. We rented her house because my bank refused to allow me keep my tracker if I rent my house out.

However my spouse wants to move back to her home, as her elderly aunt who lives a few doors away needs full-time support and care, she is taking leave from her job to become her Aunt's carer. We will give the tenants plenty of notice etc.

But our problem is my eldest son who is refusing to move with us. He is in college and working part-time our house is more practical for him to attend college and his job. We were thinking of renting out two rooms, with my son taking the other room, as we cannot afford to be paying bills etc on both houses on one income.

Can we do this?

Op why not just let it on airbnb?
Or even Monday to Friday. And airbnb it on Saturday and Sunday.
Probably lots of ways to skin this particular cat.
Anything to avoid involving the RTB and conventional letting where the landlord has no rights and basically hands over the property to a tenant who may or may not pay you rent for a few years.
Same thing to HipHip.

Back