Advise on mobile and fixed line operators

Troy McClure

We are building a new house and will be in during the summer. The signal there is very poor. I work from at home and am looking at mobile, landline and broadband requirements.
The only broadband in the area seems to be a rural broadband. There is no 3G in the area. So that limits that.
My main concern is getting a good mobile service to make and especially receive calls.
I am currently with Vodafone. I find the CS atrocious. They are also not competitive with their business tariffs. I have been with them for over 10 years and have spent thousands with them and never missed a payment. However a member of their business retention team actually said he can’t compete with O2 and has no remit to offer anything other than what advertised. Kind of makes his job pointless if true. However They do a signal device that I don’t think O2 supply that boosts signal through broadband. A strong 2G signal would do me. I will also need a landline which is currently also with Vodafone. They are making no effort to keep the business. If they are the best for our needs then fine.
I know that they are haemorrhaging customers, which is indicative in itself, but what are the cost effective alternatives? I have already looked at callcost.ie etc. Am looking for pointers from people who are in the know on this stuff.

Back