Advice re installing an Indoor aerial

Mars39

Hi, I only get 2 tv stations, RTE1&2 and use rabbitt's ears to get them. Can't afford SKY\NTL and don't want to get caught up in monthly payments. Would ideally like freetoair when have more money. In meantime, how easy is it to install an indoor aerial in a 2 storey house? Thank you

Hi, I only get 2 tv stations, RTE1&2 and use rabbitt's ears to get them. Can't afford SKY\NTL and don't want to get caught up in monthly payments. Would ideally like freetoair when have more money. In meantime, how easy is it to install an indoor aerial in a 2 storey house? Thank you
If you have a cable coming in from NTL you can connect this cable directly to your TV and you can pick up the four Irish terrestrial channels.

If you have a cable coming in from NTL you can connect this cable directly to your TV and you can pick up the four Irish terrestrial channels.

A work mate of mind cancelled his NTL service and they took back the set top box and closed his a/c and now he has connected to the NTL window sill box and has all the analogue channels for FREE.

Hi guys and thank you for your responses. There is no NTL line coming into the house. Just an aerial box in the wall. Back to the drawing board!!

Depending on where you live you should be able to receive RTE 1 and 2 TG 4 and maybe TV 3 with an aerial on the roof or if your in a good signal area in your attic. The aerial you need depends on what transmitter your signal is coming from

Just got an indoor aerial with booster incorporated in DID yesterday for Mrs R's upstairs TV and good reception on RTE1,2 TnG and TV3. In dublin 14.

We have no NTL service or other cable, but still connect the TV to the NTL box on the floor as this cable leads up to the attic and in itself is a good aerial. In fact it's so good that we get not only the crap analogue but we get the Digital free to air RTE (currently in test but available quite alot in Dublin). If we take the cable out of the TV, we don't get either.

how easy is it to install an indoor aerial in a 2 storey house? Thank you
Easy. You need to drill a hole in your sitting room ceiling, bedroom floor and ceiling. Tape the coax cable to an unwound wire coat hanger in order to easily pass the cable through the two ceilings and into the attic, where you would connect the aerial. Argos have aerial and cable kit for €33 which could well do the job without any requirement for a signal booster.

Thank you Michael M. Actually thinking about it, won't need to drill holes as there is the aerial box in the wall and a friend said that the other end of the aerial would be loose in the attic. Update - A cousin of mine has now given me his old indoor aerial that was in his attic but not sure how to wire the coaxial cable to the actual aerial. Thank you.

Back