Advice PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TMM

I am looking for some advice please.
I was in a position before the bank started its restructure. Through the restructure process I was offered another job of which I agreed (have letter sent out to me to confirm it).
I was all the time in contact with my future line manager from this new role.
When I was back from maternity leave, June 27th last Monday, I learned that although the role I was offered prior to going to maternity leave still exists I had been recently mapped to another team.
The thing is I feel that although the role is within the same level I am it is in a different department. I was doing auditing prior to going to maternity leave then offered a job in banking compliance then mapped to banking operations. I am so frustrated; will meet HR tomorrow.

What are my rights? Can they force/push me to this role I have been mapped? Can I put my foot down and request to be transferred to the role (which still exists) I applied when for interview and was offered prior to going on maternity leave? They should have replaced me temporary as maternity cover not permanently assigned another person to the new role I was due to going back to – am I right?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back