advice please!

thebos09

Just wondering if anyone can can help me out with this.

I have about 30k on deposit with an Irish financial institution which is due to mature over the next few weeks. Given the uncertainty surrounding the euro and the poor rates on offer I would be slow to reinvest in the same manner.

I would be interested in investing some in gold and some in emerging market etfs. The thing is I am in Australia at the moment and will be for the forseeable future so I am looking for a safe and cost effective way of doing this online.

I had considered moving some of it out here and keeping it on deposit as the rates are better but I would like to get some exposure to gold and etfs.

I also have a quinn life fund but I don't think I'll be adding to that for the time being ;)

I use Goldmoney.com and Bullionvault.com. They are both fine for gold purchases.

Emerging mkts ETF - these are derivative contracts, so you really need to know what you are doing before investing in them.

Emerging mkts ETF - these are derivative contracts, so you really need to know what you are doing before investing in them.[/QUOTE]

This is not true. There are many emerging market etfs that invest in the physical shares .. iShares MSCI Emerging Markets (IEEM) is one example. Always do your own research etc etc... I am not suggesting you should invest in the above ETF either..

I don't know too much about the ones you are referring too but I stay well clear of these type.

-oops! site wont let me post the url.

As a general rule, instruments like this are designed to fleece the public so just bear that in mind if you are considering investing in something you don't understand.

Back