advice on TV channels options

wavejumper

advice on TV packages

has been a while since we had a TV at home, we are currently looking at what's on offer. Last time we had a TV we had a basic NTL package for terrestrial TV with the Irish channels plus BBC's, CH4 and a few others (about 4 years ago).

Where we live now the previous owners left behind a little sat dish and some sort of digital adapter attached to the wall in the living room (which I think says NTL on it).

We'd like to get more or less the same channels we had before (and the best deal too). If you have any tips and suggestions to start me on the right track I'd greatly appreciate it.

We haven't bought the TV yet, I understand some models come with Freeview built in...whats the advantage of that?

Cheers.

See posting guidelines...

5. Please don't duplicate or reply to your own recent posts just to "bump them up" to the top of a topic listAskaboutmoney is a completely free and voluntary community service and, as such, cannot always guarantee a timely response to all queries, depending as it does on somebody with the required experience or expertise being available to make contributions. If your query has not received any replies please don't duplicate it or reply to it/edit simply to bump it up to the top of the list particuarly if it has only been posted for a short period of time. Far from eliciting a more expeditious response doing so may actually have the opposite effect as many people see this as bad manners and will consequently ignore the query. On the other hand, if your query remains unanswered for several days/weeks then bumping it up to the top of the topic list may be justified. Your own common sense should tell you when this is justified and when it's not.

Back