Advice on tax return for 'inactive' limited company

jaykay

Hi,
I have an 'inactive' limited company that I formed as an IT consultancy a few years ago. I haven't had any activity for the year of 2016, and my CRO ARD date is upcoming. I do still have assets in the company but I am delaying taking them out for now.
I am delaying moving the money out of the company until my wife is on unpaid maternity leave for a year. I will then pay her the money in the form of a salary.
Am I correct in saying that what I need to submit is a blank corporation tax return, and a B1 form (which won't have any activity for 2016, and bridged financial statements?
I used an accountant in the year that I was properly active, so I have examples of each form submitted then.

I found some advice from 2010 here: https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/dormant-company.134206/
It says I need these:
1. Revenue - CT1 tax return within 8 months and 21 days of your year end
2. Revenue - 46G return, deadline as with CT1
3. CRO - abridged accounts, B1 and €20 cheque within 28 days of your ARD (or 56 days if you file online)
4. AGM within 18 months of incorporation. But as accounts have to be approved at an AGM and you have to file your abridged a/cs with CRO by your ARD date, AGM will be determined by your ARD date.
5. Oblidged to have at least one directors meeting per annum.

"Am I correct in saying that what I need to submit is a blank corporation tax return, [...]? "

Ha! I'll try that ! Blank returns !

You need professional advice from a real-world accountant. AAM can help with specific queries - but you have a lot going on there .. .. ..

OK, I'll simplify it just to ask what a non-active company has to submit each year. When I say blank corp tax, I meant it will be nil as I do not owe any on €0 profits.
Is it just these I need:
1. Revenue - CT1 tax return within 8 months and 21 days of your year end
2. Revenue - 46G return, deadline as with CT1
3. CRO - abridged accounts, B1 and €20 cheque within 28 days of your ARD (or 56 days if you file online)
4. AGM within 18 months of incorporation. But as accounts have to be approved at an AGM and you have to file your abridged a/cs with CRO by your ARD date, AGM will be determined by your ARD date.
5. Oblidged to have at least one directors meeting per annum.

CRO online filing is mandatory from the 1 June.

.. and you have to file your abridged a/cs with CRO by your ARD date...

You don't actually.

If you are taking on your CRO filings yourself, you need to be fully conversant with the rules as the consequences of getting it wrong are expensive.

Back