Advice on shared ownership,

Hi mystery, any one can apply, just have to be ftb or if you are divorced and had a house you can apply aswell, it's for people who would struggle with a bank, it's pretty straight forward, and you then transfer the mortage to a bank and buy out the council,

I know who your talking about Sansan, she's hard work alright.. doesnt listen very well!! I just kept at her and she ended up doing it there and then on the phone, it wasnt an official approval in principal but she could tell me how much I would get

Got a call from builders agent 2 day, they are reducing the houses by another 10k to 140k this is from the high of 253k, she understands I'm waiting on council, but they will be puttin these in the paper as builder is coming up to 6 month sales report time, stupid bloody council are arseing about and still waiting to hear back from them, I swear to god I'm hopping mad, how bloody hard is it for some one to bloody do their job and say ye or nae, if I miss out on these houses I'll crack up, council said stop ringing that any news and they will let me know,

Its furstrating dealing with co councils. We went through the same thing it was nearly a year from 1st approval that we finally got moved into the house (new build wasnt even built yet) we had lots of problems along the wat with co co like when they sent there surveyer they sent him to the wrong house and then rang us and were like your house isnt ready like we said it was when IT WAS!!! mad times, but all worth it in the end!! there very hard to get on the phone,crap at sending statments, when interest rates were going down we were waiting ages for reductions got them eventually but i dont see why we had to wait as other peoples mortgages are reduced the next payment! anyways i wish you the best of luck with everything. PS keep ringing them! i know i would!

Hi all rang my local f.g td and told him to ring them, he did and tryed to put a fire under them, hopefully that might move it a bit quicker, or **** em off, either way. Blueshoes that is insane how slow and stupid the can be to deal with, I have almost given up hope of been in the house by Christmas

Hi all, still no news, as they say that is good news, rang my T.D he said he will chase it up, but he feel if it was a no I would have found out by now, I don't want to jnix it, but feeling a bit hopefull, I heard they get their funding in blocks, and October is the next block release of funding, don't know if that is true

Hi all got word 2day, got turned down because I'm in my job 18 months and I got turned down as they want you to be in the job 2 years, I am shocked, I am just numb with the stupid overpaid gob****e that made that decision, I am getting a letter from my employer saying I'm safe in my job and my td thinks that might be grounds for appeal, the goverment want me to pay 850 a month rent to my gob****e bank worker landloard, than pay 500 a month mortage and get 1 more house off the stupid over supply, maybe I should wait untill Irish nationwide offer their new 96% mortage on houses by builders on their books

Is DCC still doing Shared Ownership ? It seems to have disappeared off their website ? Are Fingal doing it does anyone know ? Cheers

yes DCC are still doing the shared ownership. I just got the keys to my shared ownership property this week. Apparantly the criteria has changed a bit but they are still doing it for sure

Can anybody give me an idea how much of a loan i could get through SO please - I earn 30k a year, not much OT at moment , a few thousand saved, no loans . Would I get 150 or 200 ?! I havent a clue. On Aff housing list with Fingal and got approved for 190k with EBS, but I'm not really loving the properties i'm being offered and I'm wondering would Shared Ownership be better ?

Hi Renter,
I was approved for 232000, around the same salary as yours. I also pay maintenace for my daughter (60pw). So I would guess you would qualify for somewhere around 240000. Anymore questions, fire away

Thanks Sinbad - I was in with DCC yesterday and the lady said theyre not doing it anymore .... maybe theyre processing applications they already have but don't seem to be accepting new ones :(

thats weird Renter27,
I was only chatting to a guy in work who is in the process of applying. He never mentioned they stopped doing it. I know they (DCC) recently changed the criteria for applying, you now have to prove that 3 banks have refused you for a mortgage.. You may have to go down the affordable housing route then??

Apologies Sinbad , I emailed them & according to the reply the scheme still in place !! Although i think ive found a house through aff hsing, really like it so think i'll go with it :)

Back