Advice on setting up an email marketing campaign

overdraftman

I've set up a registration email automation campaign for a start-up.

New account holders register for the free trial and two days later I have it set to email them asking them to upgrade to the full version. The click rate on this is decent. If they don't upgrade to the full version, or click on the link to it, I have it set to sent industry news/guidance article every three days. This is where the click rate falls off, despite a good open rate.

Does anyone have a good example of the process you should follow during registration.

Currently I have it set to 1 Welcome to the free trial > 2 Complete your purchase > 3 (and onwards) knowledge articles.

Is there something different I should be using for step 3?

Thanks.

Do you have express consent to marketing from the target audience? Be careful that you’re fully compliant from a data protection and marketing perspective otherwise you’ll run into difficulty with the Data Protection Commission.

Any chance that the sign-up rate falls off after step three because people think that they're being spammed? I know that it would annoy me getting stuff every three days. Why not do a second final reminder at step three and if they don't sign up at that stage then leave them alone? Or at least give them an option not to receive further emails every three days?

Go and talk to your Local Enterprise Office, they can give surprisingly good information and there may be grants available as well.

Back