Advice on mouse

tosullivan

My plug in mouse for my pc is on the way out...need a recommendation. Any suggestions? Seen a wireless one in Lidl the other day for €15.

Is a wireless one same as Bluetooth?

Is a wireless one same as Bluetooth?

Nope - though they usually use the same 2.4 ghz spectrum RF wireless mice (requires a dongle which comes with the mouse) are not the same as bluetooth ones (does not require a dongle if your laptop/desktop already supports bluetooth - though many mice come with a bluetooth adapter anyway).

I've no experience with the lidl mouse, but you should be looking for a mouse with a charging docking station as there is nothing more frustrating than a battery failing mid use.

Also many mice now come with 'page up/page down' buttons (in addition to the normal left/right/centre scroller) which are handy for paging through word docs or askaboutmoney threads quickly.

Take a look at the vast array of mice (and reviews) on amazon.co.uk for a good selection.

Personally I use a Logitech G5 wired mouse and love it's shape/accuracy.

Last edited:
I've used wireless ones for the past few years now with no issues. You do get notice that the battery is on the way out in that the range to the receiver will be reduced. Many also have a battery level reading in the control panel. A pair of AA batteries last a long, long time. I wouldn't go back to the wired variety where smoth movement can be compromised by the cable hitting items on the desk.

I have used wireless ones with no bother. If you want to give one a go tesco have one for about 8 euro. I got one of these a few weeks back and find it grand.

I bought a [broken link removed] wireless mouse in PC World at Christmas and I absolutely love it. There's a nano-USB connector and it takes 1 AA battery (which lasts a month if you forget to flick the on/off switch between uses...)

I also use a Logitech optical wireless, bought some years ago and now discontinued. It uses two AAs and changing batteries is not an issue, though I never turn it off.
Great mouse with programmable buttons.

I have a silver crest (lidl's best) in which the mouse sits in a recharging cradle,its brilliant,would never go back to wired mouse again.

Back