Advice on Mechanical Ventiliation and Solar, ? nutech renewables

jashar99

Hi,
we are completing the sale of a 2 storey detached house in the next 2-3 weeks and there are a few things we want to do to it before moving in.2 adults nad 3 children. I have always followed threads here and various other resources on home energy/renovaation and I would really appreciate the advice/opinion ayone could give us. I am not expecting to substitue this for professional services
The house is built 1997 and has insulated plasterboard internally. 2 open fires, no back boiler. It is 3500sq ft and is sold with BER c2 rating but i read the report and it is as generic a report as i have seen.
More from a ventilation than a heat recovery point of view, i was planning on installing a heat recovery/ventilation unit. fortunately as there is a cloest in the upstairs bedroom, the ducting could be directed through this without having to box it in for the downstairs.
on passivehouseplus i saw nutechrenemables, http://nutechrenewables.com/content/nutech-solar-enhanced-ventilation-system
and was wondering if any one has any experience.
Otherwise we will probably go with a local MHVR system and Solar panels, any opinoin on LVPs would also be welcome. the architect i got to survey the house and engineer to look at the house have never heard of this system.
thanks in advance

I put a heat recovery ventilation system while renovating my house. While its relatively maintenance free its hard to know whether it is really of any use. I think they are best suited to a new build where the whole house is tightly insulated from the start with no fireplaces or wall vents, To be effective all openings to the outside have to be closed off.

Hi,
we are completing the sale of a 2 storey detached house in the next 2-3 weeks and there are a few things we want to do to it before moving in.2 adults nad 3 children. I have always followed threads here and various other resources on home energy/renovaation and I would really appreciate the advice/opinion ayone could give us. I am not expecting to substitue this for professional services
The house is built 1997 and has insulated plasterboard internally. 2 open fires, no back boiler. It is 3500sq ft and is sold with BER c2 rating but i read the report and it is as generic a report as i have seen.
More from a ventilation than a heat recovery point of view, i was planning on installing a heat recovery/ventilation unit. fortunately as there is a cloest in the upstairs bedroom, the ducting could be directed through this without having to box it in for the downstairs.
on passivehouseplus i saw nutechrenemables, http://nutechrenewables.com/content/nutech-solar-enhanced-ventilation-system
and was wondering if any one has any experience.
Otherwise we will probably go with a local MHVR system and Solar panels, any opinoin on LVPs would also be welcome. the architect i got to survey the house and engineer to look at the house have never heard of this system.
thanks in advance
MVHR is not your first port of call, you need an air-tightness assessment

Back