Advice on low fee easy investment

Surelite

Hi,
I've about 50k pa free to invest (age 40, no debts, small mortgage, pension already maxed out etc.). I don't want to go down the route of buying shares deadling with CGT etc. myself. I'm not interested in dealing with ETFs complicated tax structure. Risk tolerance is high so looking for a simple to invest fund of about 80% equities. Any suggestions for something easy to pay into with low fees. I looked at Zurich prisma 5 and Irish life maps 5 but I couldn't see the fee structures.

Why not turn “small mortgage” into “no mortgage”?

I’m not a fan of investing outside a pension vehicle while carrying mortgage debt.

Well, why not pay it off now and save twelve months' worth of interest?

One approach is to keep your pension invested 100% in equities and keep your after-tax savings on deposit. It's important to look at your overall financial position rather than any single account in isolation.

Also, are there any improvements you could make to your home to make it more comfortable/energy efficient?

No I'm pretty much done all I can with my house.
I definitely won't need the money for at least 10 years likely 15 years so that's why I'd rather invest the money in a longer term investment vehicle than keep on deposit. I'd love to get advice on something that has 80% equities, easy to use and low fees

Any suggestions for something easy to pay into with low fees. I looked at Zurich prisma 5 and Irish life maps 5 but I couldn't see the fee structures.

You looked at their websites and couldn't see the fee structures because it's not the providers that have the ultimate call on what you're going to be charged.

It's the person (broker/agent/intermediary) that you're buying it from that has control of the fee structure.

For example, you could have a Total Expense Ratio (TER) of 1.69% or 0.74% pa for one of those funds/providers on a lump-sum of €50K, depending on who you buy it from and the type of service you need.

Gerard.

Ah I see. Thanks I didn't know that. What's the best way to navigate fund options and fees to ensure to get the best deal?

If you'e looking for a low cost execution only service, go to the Key Posts pinned top the top of this forum, click on Execution Only Investments and then scroll through the options on that page.

Gerard.

Ok thanks Gerard. Would there be a benefit of going through execution only investment Vs reaching out to Zurich direct? Sorry for the basic questions.

Back