Advice on loan problem

CT22008

My sister borrowed 20k from a bank a number of years ago - 2006 I believe. Even at the time she couldn't afford the loan but the bank gave it to her anyway...even after seeing her payslip which was pitiful, and knowing she was a single mother of two. Anyway in early 2009 she lost her job and has been unemployed since and has very little prospect of that changing. She was unable to service the loan and the bank secured a judgement against her. She heard nothing from them until two days ago when she received a letter stating the amount she owed and the judgement against her and that if she didn't start paying by the end of the month the solicitor was instructed to take action. She is horrified by the thoughts of a sheriff coming along or being dragged in front of a judge as it's a small community and she'd be the talk of the town. She gets €222 from social welfare a week. I realise she did wrong by burying her head in the sand but once all the bills are paid she has literally nothing left. Can anyone give me a course of action for her to follow?

Back