Laya Advice on Laya Renewal

BruceM

Hi, I was hoping someone could advise me on a health insurance renewal with Laya due on 1 September - 2 adults on Flex 500 Explore at €834 each and 3 kids (aged 12, 10 and 8) on Essential Connect Health at €189 each. We've been on these plans for 3 years, no claims made and luckily no health issues to date. To save some money, I'm thinking of moving the kids to VHI One +Plan at €149 each. I've been researching alternatives for the adults but getting bogged down by all the choices. I want to keep the same level of cover i.e. With 100% cover for orthopaedic procedures etc but I want to reduce the excess and if it was worthwhile allow for some recovery of GP expenses. Willing to pay €1,100 to €1,200 per adult but only if it was really giving me something extra over and above current plan. Any advice much appreciated.

BruceM,

Welcome to AAM.

The following Laya plans are good alternatives, same cover with lower excess and no day to day cover.

1. Control 300 Connect; price 1094pa; all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 300 per admission, 125 per day case, no day to day cover.
2. Control 150 Connect; price 1153pa; all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per
admission or 75 per day case, no day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

The following Laya plans have same hospital cover, lower excess including day to day cover.

1. Control 300 Create; price 1146pa; all public, private(including private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 300 per
admission, day case 125 per visit, good day to day cover included.
2. Simply Connect; price 1179pa; all public, private, + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 x 2 max per year, day case excess 50 per visit.
Day to day cover included - max refund per year 50% of 600 = 300 per person.
3. Simplicity; price 1190pa; all public, private(including private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess max 100 x 2 per year for admissions, day case excess 50 per visit. Good day to day cover included - the first 100 not allowed.
[broken link removed]

Excesses only apply to private or hi-tech hospitals, no excess applies to any public hospital.
There is full orthopaedic cover in all private and hi-tech hospitals on all the above plans, no excess or shortfall applies to this type of surgery.

Regards, Snowyb

Dear Snowyb,

Many thanks for your very prompt and comprehensive reply. I think the Simply Connect plan looks like good value. Thanks again for your advice, much appreciated, the health insurance area is a complete minefield.

Best regards
Bruce M

Back