advice on handing back the keys

patient

i am considering handing back the keys to the mortgage company. i am in arrears and not living in the EU.

should i just post back the keys or send a letter to state im surrendering the property to them or does it make any difference?

what are the chances of them chasing the money out of the EU? NE of approx 150K and the house has pyrite.

Chances are very slim on that amount - and even if they chase you it's very unlikely it will amount to anything if you don't have the money. As far as turning in the keys, put it in writing and they will come back with a legal document you need to sign for it to happen.

I would have previously have suggested to try to work with them based on your financial situation but in our case they preferred the keys route over any type of reasonable arrangement.

they are asking me to fill out a standard financial statement. i did this when i was in ireland but have not done it here yet.

im afraid that if i fill it out and they wont accept the repayments im offering they will have everything on me, address, bank acc etc.

will this make a difference if they have this info ?

Back