Advice on car I'm thinking of buying: 2002 BMW 316

• Thread starter Barcardi_gal
  • Start date
B

Barcardi_gal

Just wondered what your opinions are on this car.

do you rec its a good buy? its a lot of money for me so any advice appreciated.

Re: Advice on car I'm thinking of buying

I had one of these as a courtesy car once. I thought it was a lovely drivers car but it was a bit underpowered compared to the 318 I had. Not much rear legroom either but if you needed rear leg room you would probably buy something else. The ride is a bit hard also. Don't think there are any major reliability issues to worry about it. Looks to be reasonable value for money but I'm sure you have checked carzone etc for similar. Much nicer car than an equilavent Golf or A3.

I had one of these (though it was a 318) for a couple of years.

Most reliable car I owned: not a thing went wrong with it.

Unlike the previous model compact, the suspension is exactly the same as the saloon version. I never found the ride particularly hard.

Leather and a/c make it very desirable: most of these don't have either.

Try and check it out as much as possible, particularly the service history.

Haggle like hell.

All in all, if the particular car is "honest", I'd go for it: it's a great drive.

As the previous poster says: much better car than Golf (which are not as reliable) or A3 etc.

This car will be like every other 4 pot petrol BMW. Glacially slow.

I'm not sure, but with that number plate it might be imported, which does not necessarily mean a bad thing.
Just get a HPI check if it came from UK.

I have the same in a 01... can't say enough good things about it.... great car to drive....

the power won't be an issue , unless you are used to a car bigger than a 1.8....

This car will be like every other 4 pot petrol BMW. Glacially slow.

At least 15 years out of date with that opinion...

Glacially slow compared to what exactly, by the way?

Back