Advice on buying a push bike!

YouNeek

Not sure if this is the right forum (but bikes, like cars, use the road)!

I'm looking to get a bike under the recently introduced cycle to work scheme. I definitely don't want a racing bike. I'm thinking of either a mountain bike or hybrid. I don't want it for offroading, so I guess no suspension forks, etc, are needed. Price point is anywhere from €250-€750 (as I'll want to leave some of the €1000 allowance for safety gear, etc).

So can anyone recommend a good bike, or brand?
Also, recommendations of bike shops in the Dublin area.

Thanks.

Personally, I'd go with the suspension forks....even for a commuting and never off-road bike. I had a hybrid until it got stolen. Couldn't afford another one so bought a mountain bike. It happened to have a front suspension. Before that suspension wouldn't have bothered me at all but it actually did make a big difference.

Personally, I'd go with the suspension forks....even for a commuting and never off-road bike. I had a hybrid until it got stolen. Couldn't afford another one so bought a mountain bike. It happened to have a front suspension. Before that suspension wouldn't have bothered me at all but it actually did make a big difference.

big difference to what? It will certainly be much heavier and slower.

Back