Advice on Accountant

Does this really work?

By and large yes. You might get some within the time, others a bit later, we do follow up phone calls and stress that unless we get them by XX date we cannot guarantee submission on time. I do not think that if the client takes 8 1/2 months to get us the records that I should be the one under pressure to get it all done in 2 weeks. I do not put myself under that sort of pressure anymore. If someone wants to come in last minute then they need to find someone else. In any event ,for the financial statements to be in any way useful to the directors they should be produced in good time. They are not much use 9 months after the year end.

Sorry, should have stressed, not the Accountants fault in all cases. Have definitely observed many cases recently where client just will not give the information, despite being chased up many times. Have also observed cased where Accounts left till last minute and then client gone on hols/etc as what happened here.

Also have observed what others say here, Couriers here, there, everywhere, picking stuff up at weekends, etc.

Of course it is to do with the Audit Exemption.

Of course it is to do with the Audit Exemption.

...and, it must be said, the very inflexible approach taken by the CRO in dealing with cases that are marginally late.

In contrast, the Revenue are generally much more flexible and understanding in giving their customers the benefit of the doubt in such cases.

Back