advice on 1996 rover 200

mpob

looking for cheap car and have found above. 76k on clock. small bit of rust on rear bonnet keyhole. no nct. what type of record these cars have?

looking for cheap car and have found above. 76k on clock. small bit of rust on rear bonnet keyhole. no nct. what type of record these cars have?

Check Honest John for detailed info

[broken link removed]

you would wana be getting it for nothing especially without an nct ,been honest is not worth putting juice in it.

will the current owner put it in for a nct, at least if it fails you get a list of what is needed to repair to get it through the nct and you can see what it would cost to get you motoring

Run as fast and as far as you can from that rover. They are not reliable and have a serious problem blowing head gaskets. Dont even consider buying a car without an nct you have no way of knowing what it will cost to put it on the road. Besides there are loads of cars around with nct certs for reasonable money.

Run as fast and as far as you can from that rover. They are not reliable and have a serious problem blowing head gaskets. Dont even consider buying a car without an nct you have no way of knowing what it will cost to put it on the road. Besides there are loads of cars around with nct certs for reasonable money.

I can second that. Had a rover 214 for 6 months before the head gasket blew. Couldn't give the car away

Haven't had much experience about rovers but I know that they put Honda engines in some of the earlier ones and possibly around the time of the car you are looking at. Check it out if it is a Honda or a Rover engine. If it is a Honda then the engine should be pretty reliable. They are virtually bullet proof. I know a few people who work for Honda in the UK and they have tried to kill the engine's for some time but have had no joy.

Back