Advice needed re diesel/manual

Muffinb

Heres my problem, I currently drive 2L honda CRV,I get 260 miles out of 55 euro tank full.. Only do short trips, no long runs but used daily as a Mammy Wagon.

Want to buy 2L Hyundai Trajet
2 options: 2006 petrol for 9500 or 2005 diesel for 11500...

How much better off will I be mileage wise from a tank of diesel than petrol?? WillI get twice as many miles out of it??

.......and will be the main family car hopefully for years to come.

Is this question even answerable:confused:, need any advice or help!!
Thanks

I would thing you will be a lot better of milage wise with the diesel, dont think u will get twice as many miles. Maybe up to 1/3 more miles

not sure about the prices there , don't think the older car should be more expensive even considering diesel would be worth more.

if u buy a 08 or newer , or import then you could possibly get cheaper road tax depending on the co2 emmisions of the car.

Well went out today and got a good offer for my jelopy as a trade in and would get a diesel automatic with nce mileage on it... so will opt for the diesel and hope to reduce my fuel costs a bit even on short journeys.
Thanks for the advise

Since you don't state the capacity of the tank - only giving a price which is variable - its difficult to comment on the economy you were achieving.
Diesels are very economical, but can be lumpy and slow, while the new Trajet looks the part I'd check the year and safety of the particular model you choose.
I seem to recall that earlier models had a poor safety result in the NCAP crash tests, but I could stand corrected on that.

We tried a Ford Focus C-Max this year on holiday and it was perfect for our needs.
Two adults and a nine year old in perfect comfort, motorways and town trickling were no problem, even with a manual.
VW's DSG auto box gives both quicker shifts AND more economy than a petrol model and the 122bhp TSI DSG is a serious contender here.
If not that, then a Nissan Qashqai 1.5CDi might be a good choice - it seems to be one of the few cars being bought in any quantity in Ireland this year.

FWIW

ONQ.

Back