Advice for an Ebay enthusiast!

I

IMPEGA

Hi All,
Because of redundances at my working place,I've decided to start trading on Ebay,I intend committing about 2500euros into this business.I don't really have any experience in trading,but I'm gradually learning my way through!,My questions are:How do i set up a shop on Ebay?How much do I pay Ebay monthly for using their services?What item will always sell on Ebay?or rather what item is the best seller on Ebay?How profitable is it selling on Ebay?How do I succeed trading on Ebay?
Any additional suggestions and advice will be most appreciated.
Thanks.

read this report for starters

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055474707

We have been selling on eBay for a while now , mostly small items . Check around for shipping costs , as some couriers charge by weight , others by size etc , GLS have good rates .

Presentation is important , so learn this from ebay tips .Ebay sent us a CD titled '' how to start selling on eBay . If you want it posted to you just send pm.

You should also learn how to use turbo lister , if you intend selling many items at once .

Browse through eBay to find how easy it is to set up a shop etc

are you going to sell your own products or other peoples products (affiliate marketing)

The main advice I would give, is go slow and steady!!

I was made redundant earlier this year and, like you, had a brainwave to start selling on Ebay.
I saw a product that I was interested in, but there didn't seem to be any on Ebay so I thought I start selling it. Feels like I was the only one interested in it as I didn't sell any whatsoever and I was stuck with loads of stock. Thankfully I got them on sale or return so it wasn't too bad.
Now, I've ended up completely changing the whole product range. Because of my earlier experience, I just bought small quantities that I was sure would sell.
Even at that, my sales on Ebay are only starting to take off now ... 6 months later!!

Make sure you have a safety net while things are getting off the ground.
Be prepared for the initial "pity orders" (or curiosity orders!!) and then nothing for weeks on end!
Everything you need to know is on the Ebay forums. Make sure to read them & familiarise yourself!
Before you start selling on Ebay, buy a few low-value items in order to get your feedback up ... nobody will buy from someone with little or no feedback!
Don't just pigeonhole yourself into Ebay. Try other auction sites as well - Ebid is quite good.

And good luck. Initially its hard and confusing, but its great fun too!!!

Back