Advice and reccomendations on completing mortgage requirements

nossie

Having endured the self employed blues of applying for a mortgage I now have an "Offer of Mortgage Loan" from AIB @ 4.6% var. Grand I'll take it. BUT!, I need a few more bits and bobs like:
  • A "Valuation Report" filled out by a member of one of the following IAVI/IPAV/Chartered Surveyors
  • Mortgage Protection
  • Home Insurance [Buildings insurance required / Contents insurance optional]
  • Optional Mortgage protection
  • Payment Protection Plan
About me and this application: I'm recently self employed (registered May 2007) and working from home at the PC doing websites and programming. My wife is full time employed.

So since I got a good rate (me thinks) on the mortgage I don't want to get screwed on the rest of the requirements. What's your reccomendation for purchasing the rest? Please chuck in your 2cents worth and don't leave me at the mercy of the bank ;0)

Ray.
www.quitealright.com

Last edited:
What's your reccomendation for purchasing the rest? Please chuck in your 2cents worth and don't leave me at the mercy of the bank
Shop around as widely as possible for all of the above. In most cases buying from the lender will be expensive. There are lots of existing threads with suggestions/recommendations.

Not sure what you mean by "optional mortgage protection" (as opposed to the normally mandatory mortgage protection life assurance) and be careful about buying repayment protection as many policies are bad value for money.

Mortgage Protection and Mortgage Repayment Protection Policies

Back