advice after getting sky out

desparate

We live in a rural area and use satellite broadband. We have monthly data limit of 300gb. We recently got out sky tv and bought an aerial for Saorview channels. We also have some free to air channels. We are wondering if their is one box that would combine satellite/ Saorview but would also turn TVs into a 'smart tv' so we can acquire Netflix? I know there is a combi box and u can buy smart stick, but looking for an all in one job. Any advice welcomed.

Would be surprised if it doesn't appear sometime, but I don't think there is a combi box that does all three just yet. What's your objection to a stick or Chromecast? Also, out of interest, which sat service is giving you 300 GB/mo? That's ten times what most of them are offering.

We live in a rural area and use satellite broadband. We have monthly data limit of 300gb. We recently got out sky tv and bought an aerial for Saorview channels. We also have some free to air channels. We are wondering if their is one box that would combine satellite/ Saorview but would also turn TVs into a 'smart tv' so we can acquire Netflix? I know there is a combi box and u can buy smart stick, but looking for an all in one job. Any advice welcomed.
There are a number of 'Dreambox' type boxes available for sale. Brother-in-law has a €149 version. Gets all Sky, sports and netflix etc. No monthly fee. I think there is an annual update fee. I don't think these are legal so I can't possibly recommend getting one.

There are a number of 'Dreambox' type boxes available for sale. Brother-in-law has a €149 version. Gets all Sky, sports and netflix etc. No monthly fee. I think there is an annual update fee. I don't think these are legal so I can't possibly recommend getting one.

Use of these boxes to receive paid-for content is illegal, so no discussion allowed here.

Would be surprised if it doesn't appear sometime, but I don't think there is a combi box that does all three just yet. What's your objection to a stick or Chromecast? Also, out of interest, which sat service is giving you 300 GB/mo? That's ten times what most of them are offering.
Hi I am in the midlands and our provider is Brisknet based in Roscommon. €45 a month for 300gb

Yes we know of these, my only fear is because they not legal they can be shut down.

Hi I am in the midlands and our provider is Brisknet based in Roscommon. €45 a month for 300gb
That's fixed wireless rather than satellite. Much better latency than satellite and if your service is anything like advertised it looks like great value. The problem with some wireless providers is they sign up too many customers for their backhaul capacity and things degrade over time. Had years of misery with one rural provider myself. Good to see your one specifies a download limit instead of "unlimited" -- it's much more honest and suggests they may allocate capacity fairly. I see also the same outfit covers Cavan and surrounding areas too ... basically they have the whole north midlands covered which must be great news for those areas if the ISP is any use.

Back