Advertising ideas wanted...

onway

Am currently setting up a local buy and sell website and am in need of some cheap ( or free....) advertising ideas............!!Have been delivering flyers but it is very time consuming ...............All suggestions appreciated.Also,any ideas to make other revenue from the site...........

Try and get an interview on your local radio station. They are sometimes interested in the more unusual projects.

Why don't you see if any people providing relevant services want to advertise or be your "official this" or "official that". For example, if people are buying and selling, sometimes it requires a van so get an official man-with-van in the local area and charge him an annual fee for the exposure.

If you were to go ahead with an idea like that, just make sure they're good as it may well reflect on you.

....!!Have been delivering flyers but it is very time consuming ...
I hope for the sake of your business venture that the web-site and the flyers representing it look better and professional, in contrast to your post above.

I also hope that your flyers aren't being stuffed through my letter-box or under my wind-screen wiper in a supermarket car-park.

I also hope that your flyers aren't being stuffed through my letter-box or under my wind-screen wiper in a supermarket car-park.
I would question the use of flyers to advertise a website anyway. Probably a waste of time delivering, and at worse may even turn people away, or give them a bad impression of your company (see above).
One of the main advantages of an online presence is the size of audience. I just don't think flyers are the right approach. They target too few people, are indiscriminate, and when people see them, they generally aren't near an internet device anyway.
If it's an online business, advertise online. This generally isn't cheap, unfortunately.

Back