Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

Yeah, I hear you. Way I'm looking at it is that I can't beat that rate right now without locking in with Raisin or some fixed term.

I signed up last Friday but I didn't get an email confirming my application but I sent off the documents anyway. Still hadn't heard anything so I rang up today and they told me they couldn't find my application and told me to try again.

Tried again couldn't get passed Step 2 in Chrome or Firefox but when I tried in Opera I was able to get to the page asking me to send my documents but an hour later still no email.

:confused:

I spoke to them today, they will increase their interest rate to 3.4% if the first lodgement is on 1st of July or after that date, for the first 6 months of the deposit account.

Wow. Great news. Glad I have not made a deposit yet. I'll update the best buys after they update their website with this.

surely the people who lodge before 1st July will also be able to avail of the increased interest rate?

surely the people who lodge before 1st July will also be able to avail of the increased interest rate?
I've just spoke to them, it seems that it is indeed a case that you are better off waiting until July 1st to make a lodgment as indicated earlier by @podgerodge as they said anyone who lodged before will remain on 3.25% rather than automatically getting the increased rate of 3.4%. That seems unfair to me, other easy-access accounts like LightYear actually pass the increases on to everyone no matter when you opened your account.

Last edited:
Tried again couldn't get passed Step 2 in Chrome or Firefox but when I tried in Opera I was able to get to the page asking me to send my documents but an hour later still no email.

:confused:
I am having the same problem on Chrome (prompts to change items in red, but nothing in red to change)
It does not inspire confidence in their web site and if its secure

I think the (poor) alert is to do with your passport not mething criteria. I changed my password and was able to get passed step 2.
This is most likely the issue @Luternau as I also had the same problem. At first I thought it didn't like the format of my PPS number for the TIN field, but in the end I discovered the issue was that it wouldn't accept a password containing any special characters.

When inspecting the page I can see all the error messages it can throw. This is one of them which was the issue for me as @Lightning suggested.
Please enter a correct password: From 6 to 12 characters, Alphanumeric without special characters, No space character

EDIT: My attempted from 11am this morning actually did generated a confirmation email but it was on a different email address and was caught in the Spam folder.

This is their email address

Last edited:
I think the (poor) alert is to do with your password not meting criteria. I changed my password and was able to get passed step 2.
That was the issue alright. Thanks.
No sign of my email, however I have sent on the declaration and other docs.
It's a great offer, and better again from July 1. Thanks to OP for highlighting it.

Hi Guys, I got email confirming account setup but how do I activate account to see account balance online?

Thanks the Telephone passport, is that initial password that you setup when applying for the deposit account?

Back