Advantages of Visa Debit cards?

PatriciaFox

I've look around other threads, but didn't find a clear answer.

Can anyone explain the advantages of Visa Debit cards over Laser/Maestro/Cirrus cards? How do their services differ?

Thanks.

1. You can't find yourself paying high rates of interest to a bank/Credit Card provider as you only spend whats available in your account.
2. They are far more widely accepted than laser - and by all accounts, laser is on its way out (eventually).
3. Reduced gov. duty in comparison with a credit card (i think?).

Maestro/Cirrus cards are not near as widely acceptable as Visa cards and you can use Visa Debit anywhere you see the Visa sign regardless of whether its a Visa Credit card sign.

Does anyone know when PTSB will make the Visa Debit card available to all its customers? I received a letter that it was coming but no dates.

Does anyone know when PTSB will make the Visa Debit card available to all its customers? I received a letter that it was coming but no dates.

As the new Debit card T&C are effective 16th August 2010, I would guess that cards will be available after that date.

The sooner the better Laser disappears. It is crazy the amount of Lidl/Aldi staff that refuse visa debit despite it being a payment method they accept.

Back