Advantage of paying with a credit card?

june

Is it a good idea to prepay your credit card and use it to pay for big purchases for example travel costs? Is it a more secure transaction? I've always kept a small credit limit and used the card just for paypal transactions.

I stand to be corrected, but if one puts money into the CC & the card gets stolen etc and used to withdrawn money, then tough luck....

S.

I cant see the benefit of what you mention-I think it is better to use your credit card to pay for your big purchases and then pay it off in time when bill comes at no cost...
I don't understand what you mean by a secure transaction?- I presume if the credit card company has to advance the money for the purchase, they have more interest in monitoring and ensuring the transactions are valid.

I presume the OP has a low limit on their credit card and so can't just charge the whole thing to their card and then pay it off.

In that case, yes, it could be beneficial to do as you suggest. If something goes pear shaped you will have the protection of paying by credit card. If you have a Visa debit card my understanding is that the same applies but not sure...

Back