Laya Advantage 250 Explore

yomc17

Hi,
Just received my renewal for advantage 250 explore for myself, my husband and two children, age 2 and 10 weeks. The premium has increased by €800 from last year. My husband has a HSF FCC plan with his employer which has good day to day cover. None of us have any medical conditions. I have seen a few threads about putting the kids on VHI. Would this advisable and is there a cheaper alternative for the adults to our existing plan?
Thanks!

Hi yomc17,

Welcome to AAM.
As your two children are under 3 yrs, they would just need public hospital cover.

The best value plan with VHI at the moment as follows;
1. One Plan Starter; price 107 per child; public hospital cover, no day to day cover(not required as free gp for under 6).
[broken link removed]
Note; children can be insured with VHI on their own, an adult is named on the policy but just the children are insured. VHI is the only
health insurer that allows this.

An alternative option with Laya, as follows;
2. Essential Health Family; special offer upto 28/2/2017, 227pa; just pay for one child and the rest of the children are free.
Public, private and Beacon hospital covered, private admission excess 300 per family per year. Day case excess 300.
[broken link removed]

Regarding the adults, for the same price as your current plan, there are 2 alternative options worth considering as follows;
1. Laya Precision 150 Connect; price 858pa; same hospital cover as before plus cardiac cover in Mater Private, lower excess 150 per private admission, lower day case excess 75 per visit.

2. Glohealth Kick Off Plus; price 866pa; public, extra list of private hospitals covered,Beacon hospital covered, excess 300 per private admission, day case excess 75.
[broken link removed]

Cheaper plans would have higher excess on admission to a private hospital.

Snowyb

Back