Laya Advantage 250 Explore renewal - 2A 2C

Protocol

I would be really grateful for any assistance.

First question, can I assume that any number like 250-500 in the name of any plan refers to the excess?

Second, in terms of the Laya Advantage plans, what do the variants Choice, Explore and Plus refer to?

Third query, I have Laya Advantage 250 Explore - I would like to know where that lies in terms of coverage?

Basic = public hosp only
up to
Rolls-Royce plan

I have a feeling it's just above basic?

The 2015 premium was 1,614 and the 2016 renewal is 1,766.

2A = 667 each, 2C = 216.21 each - they will be aged 1 and 5 at renewal.

I don't want day to day GP fees covered.

But I do want to be able to skip public hosp queue and get seen/tested faster, if referred by GP.

I don't mind paying 250 excess per hosp procedure.

I really, really appreciate any advice.

Hi Protocol,

Yes, your assumption is correct, numbers like 250, 500 in the name of a plan refers to a private excess.

Plans with Explore in the title means that the plan has no day to day gp cover etc.
Plans with Plus in the title means day to day cover is included and the first 50 is not allowed.
Plans with Choice in the title means that day to day cover is included and the excess is 1 euro.

Referring to your third query, the Advantage range covers public hospitals, a restricted list of private hospitals and just orthopaedic surgery in
hi-tech hospitals.
A good comparison is with Flex 250 Explore which ticks all the boxes. Price 854pa per adult.

[broken link removed]
or
Flex 375 Explore; price 750pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover included, excess 375 per private admission.
Flex 500 Explore; price 661pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover included, excess 500 per private admission.
[broken link removed]

The only way to 'skip' the public hospital queue and get diagnosed faster is usually to by-pass the public hospitals and go to a consultant in a private or hi-tech hospital. Seeing a consultant in a public hospital on a private basis is the only way to speed things up but more often the surgery waiting lists in public hospitals are too long and cannot be skipped. If the consultant also operates in a private or hi-tech hospital, you can lessen the surgery waiting times by taking that option, once you have the cover.

Child Options
Laya Healthcare have an offer at the moment, including 7 plans, whereby you pay for one child and the rest go free.
http://www.hia.ie/news/laya-healthcare-kids-offer-01032016

Flex 125 Explore; price 269pa; public,private and hi-tech hospitals included. No day to day cover.
Advantage 250 Explore; 245pa; public, restricted private hospital list and hi-tech orthopaedic cover included. No day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

Hope this helps with your decisions.

Regards, Snowyb

Back