Advance Passenger information

Concert

Cmpleted Advance passenger info for a forthcoming trip, cant remember from before whether or not I should have received an e mail to confirm it was done successfully.

is it a trip to spain?

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

When you complete the internet Advance Passenger Information to enter Spain (usually 6 weeks before you go) you are advised instantly (online) that your information has been received. If you do not complete API you will be reminded by your airline to do so, otherwise you will not be let board the plane because of government high fines.

It's no big deal and from memory all they want are some details like passport number, name etc.

Once you have completed an on-line form, confirmation of same will appear on the screen. No any further confirmations or e-mails are being sent to the passenger

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Hi, could I warn people travelling to the US regarding the advance passenger information. Three of us travelled to Florida and are just back. I provided the information online and it was accepted. There was no facility to do a print out.

I subsequently queried with Aer Lingus a bit nearer the travel time if all was in order and it all seemed ok. However, on entering the US, the immigration officer could find no record of my details or husbands information but my daughter's information was there on line. We were given a lecture and told we could proceed but that we had to in future provide this information?

It was a waste of time telling them that we had already done this and you dont argue with US immigration officials, it's yes sir no sir. I inputted this information myself for all three of us so I know it was done and approved but it wasn't there. The green form we were given at the airport to fill in also caused problems for us and other people. Not nice when you just come off an eight hour flight and are tired and have to stand in line to get your finger prints and photo done. ( all this for a holiday?)

Don't they give a reference number when a passenger gets an approval?
I think they do, because one would have to change the info they'd given earlier if his/her circumstances change. And the only way to do it is to input this reference number into the system.

Hi, no reference number was given so obviously there might have been a glitch in the system.

Back