Other Adopt a Road scheme

dewdrop

Am interested in trying to form a group to keep a stretch of road tidy. One of the issues involved is that those involved shold have public liability insurance including an Indemnity to the relative Council in respect of any claims that may be made. Does the ordinary Home Insurance cover this and is it difficult to get your Insurance company give such an Indemnity.

Dewdrop, I look after a stretch of road where we live and to be honest I don't worry about insurance but then I'd be doing it as an individual and I do appreciate you are trying to organise a group. You could run it by your insurer as policies differ but you may be able to find further information from (a) Tidy towns - they have a pure mile where groups look after a mile of road (b) National Spring Clean is in early April and they will provide bags, vis vests and gloves to groups and the county council will collect rubbish (c) Ballymaloe Country Relish has launched something I think it is corporate though but you might want to check it out.

In passing I'll mention a substantial preoportion of what I pick up is disposable tea/coffe cups from service stations. Suggesting a tax on such cups risks me being euthanised by the Swiss on here so I'm loathe to even suggest it :)

In passing I'll mention a substantial preoportion of what I pick up is disposable tea/coffe cups from service stations. Suggesting a tax on such cups risks me being euthanised by the Swiss on here so I'm loathe to even suggest it :)

Thats true about the cups. Though my road also gets more than its fair share of plastic bottles and dog sh-stuff.

I'm not sure how we could tax dog-droppings!

Dewdrop,

I would sugest that you join your local Tidy Towns Association. They will most certainly have insurance that would cover their members. They will also be able to help you with your clean up.

Back