Adding partners name to title deeds during switch.

Enthrope

Hello, I am currently switching my mortgage from BOI to UB. My solicitor told me he could do it for €1000 all in, which by reading through the posts on here seems quite reasonable. He contacted me today and told me since my wife's name must be added to the title deeds, it will now cost €1500. Can anyone tell me is still a reasonable price, or should I look else where?
Thanks

Was the 1k all in (VAT, outlays etc)? Could explain the difference. If not, ask for a breakdown for the 50% increase.

I got a quote for same in September 2017 for €1300 incl VAT and all outlays.

Remortgage
Legal fees €700.00
VAT thereon @ 23% €161.00
Land Registry fee on Mortgage €175.00
Land Registry Fee Folio Entries € 40.00
Dischage of existing Mortgage (2) € 80.00
(for each mortgage registered)
Search fees (estimated) € 45.00
(bankruptcy, judgements, litigation, land registry against vendor)
(evidence of ownership)
Oath fees € 20.00
Postage and bank fees and
Miscellaneous € 60.00
VAT at 23% € 13.80
_________

hi there, just wondering what it costs just to add a partners name to the mortgage. I have been paying half a mortgage for 12 years but havent my name on it. Am filling out the forms presently. What will it cost. thanks

hi there, just wondering what it costs just to add a partners name to the mortgage. I have been paying half a mortgage for 12 years but havent my name on it. Am filling out the forms presently. What will it cost. thanks
Are you married?

"What will it cost. "

You should ask your solicitor- the property can be transferred into both names during the switch process.

It's not "just to add a partners name to the mortgage"- its to transfer the property into joint names and then mortgage the property.

Make sure to make that clear when applying for the mortgage.

mf

Back