adding partner to mortgage

54red

hi all just wondering what opinions are on adding partner to mortgage.... what is fair practise do you think? i have been paying €1000 a month for past 3 years since i got mortgage on house for about €220k... my partner moved in and has paid €200 a month towards mortgage for last 2 yrs, so about €5k so far, i have also paid for all furniture etc so have other loans for approx €25k i would like to clear and add on to new mortgage. i am coming to end of 3 year fixed term and would like to get a new €240k mortgage to clear old one, my other loans of €25k and my partner's car loan. is this fair on my partner? i read other posts which discuss getting a lump sum to offset what i have contributed to mortgage so far, seeing as we will now be equal owners. if the arrangment i mentioned above is not fair, then what lump sum would be? please let me know as i'm a bit unsure at the moment!

How much was the house originally?
What deposit did you pay?
How much was your original mortgage - approx 220K?
How much is your current mortgage?
What is the current value of the house?

Your partner paid €200 a month? Was this rent? Or did your partner also contribute to the running costs of the property and/or pay bills?

house was €220k, parents paid €20k deposit.... €200 a month would have been rent, and we contributed equally to all household bills!

oh and sorry, current value of house is approx €275k, approx €205k left on mortgage

Back