Adding other channels to favourites on sky box

villa 1

Hi Folks.
I recently cancelled my sky subscription and was wondering if it is possible to add channels stored in other channels to my favorites list on the sky box?
The box is 3 yrs old and is a hd+ box.

Hi Folks.
I recently cancelled my sky subscription and was wondering if it is possible to add channels stored in other channels to my favorites list on the sky box?

No that is not possible. The EPG is good in Sky but flexibility is not it's strongest point. The only way to achieve this is to have a Free to Air satellite box and then customize to you hearts content. That however means a one off cost of a new box and I guess that's not what you want.

Hi Folks.

You will need a Sky "freesat" card, not officially available in the republic, but can often be bought on Ebay etc. for a few euro.

This will put all freesat channels on the EPG.

You will need a Sky "freesat" card, not officially available in the republic, but can often be bought on Ebay etc. for a few euro.

This will put all freesat channels on the EPG.

What extra channels will this give?
I know if you want uk channels remove card and power off box, when turned back on you will have uk service

What extra channels will this give?
I know if you want uk channels remove card and power off box, when turned back on you will have uk service

It will NOT give you any EXTRA channels.
But the later HD (+) boxes do NOT revert to UK EPG with no card in slot and require a Sky Freesat card to bring all freesat channels into the EPG and thus allow these to be "favourited", as was asked in OP.

Thanks Sparkrite.
I have ordered a card for ebay and if this works this will do me nicely for the time being.
I did look at EVision as I have recently signed up for EFibre but they could not supply any itv signal(s).

Thanks Sparkrite.
I have ordered a card for ebay and if this works this will do me nicely for the time being.
I did look at EVision as I have recently signed up for EFibre but they could not supply any itv signal(s).

Cheers, hopefully it sorts it out for you.

Cheers, hopefully it sorts it out for you.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that - useful to know. I did have a Skysat card in one box previously but had to remove it due to what seemed to be overheating.

Back