Add DVD HDD Recorder to existing Home Cinema System

JoeRoberts

I have a Pioneer DCS 313 5.1 surround sound home cinema system. I wanted to replace the DVD player with a HDD DVD Recorder/player but I am told that it cannot work with the surround sound system. Something to do with the connections at the back.

Can I add the new HDD Recorder to existing setup and have 2 dvd players connected ? If so, when I playback from the HDD recorder, would it come through the home cinema system or the Tv speakers ?

I have 2 scart sockets on my CRT Tv. Would it be as simple as connecting the DVD with this or should I put the aerial coaxial cable through the DVD recorder ? It currently goes through the VHS machine but I will take this out.
I just have a terrestial outdoor aerial, no Sky etc. Will EPG work with a terrestial aerial ?

Also, the DVD Recorder I was looking at has a DVB-T Digital tuner - does this mean I could watch Freeview on my CRT Tv, assuming I can get the reception from NI ( not sure if I can get it or not but would be a bonus)

I am also planning to buy a LED Tv in about a years time - is there any features I should factor in now when buying the HDD DVD Recorder to maximise my setup for the future ?
Would also be interested in watching You Tube from my laptop through the Tv or DVD player if possible.

Back