adaptor question

colc1

Hi guys,

I was wondering can I use a hair trimmer I bought in the USA in Ireland i.e. is there an adaptor I can get to use it in Ireland?

Many thanks in advance,

C

The sockets are a different shape here. You can easily get an adaptor somewhere like Dunnes Stores.

There's also a voltage difference, so unless the appliance has a switch to allow you to switch form one to the other this may not be advisable.

I got a nintendo lite in the usa in january and had to buy a special connector for it in power city. This changes the power imput and only cost approx 20 euro.

There is also a frequency difference, so assuming this runs directly off the mains it will be slower over here by about 16%. If it is battery powered it will not make a difference.

Towger

Hi;
Has anyone charged a nintendo ds lite - bought in ireland - in the US? The charger I got with it says 230v - 50Hz so I'm assuming it's not going to work????? I'd really like to have it charged up for the flight home.
Maybe I can buy a charger there....................
Any advice appreciated
Thanks!

It won't work as is. You'll need to get a step-up voltage converter, which will convert US 110v to Irish/UK 230v.

thanks bytelive
Hardly seems worth it to charge it once, boo
Here's hoping for some good in flight entertainment instead

If there is a shaving light above the mirror in the bathroom generally these have a coice of 110v or 220v you tend to see them in hotels and the like.

Might be a connector on the end of the light in the house.

I think you may need a step-down transformer - I bought one for a radio purchased in the US and it works fine. I have seen one at Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacima-Step-Down-Transformer-120V/dp/B0009K6M44

Could I charge my Irish Nintendo in the US with the charger from a US Nintendo or do I need a tranformer?

Judging by what Alias said in another thread
"My brother and I each have a DS (the original one) his bought in Canada and mine in Ireland, and we've swapped power cords and games"
it sounds like u will be. That was my original plan, to buy a us charger.............amazon have them for $12something but don't deliver outside the US.

Back