Adamstown Prices

I see they are saying they have over 4000 people interested in buying it's clever marketing but how many people will follow up their interest. I was considering buying and registered my interest but after I rang Gunne and asked about prices I couldn't believe what I was quoted needless to say I will be giving them a wide berth. I could buy a 1 bed apartment in the city center for the prices quoted for Adamstown, I did ask if they came with gold taps and a monkey butler but unfortunately they don't.

Actual text of e-mail. I was interested by the offer of a free holiday... anyone know any more about this? I'm sure it has numerous catches!

Re: Launch of Adamstown Castle, Adamstown, Co Dublin

The wait is finally over, Gunne New Homes is delighted to inform you of the brand new launch of Adamstown Castle at Adamstown, Co Dublin, an exclusive development constructed by the award winning developers Castlethorn Construction Ltd.

As you are on our Priority Enquiry List, we would like to invite you to a pre-launch of the first phase on Thursday the 16th February at 10am where you will be given the opportunity to visit the Marketing Suite and view 8 Showhomes on site in Adamstown.

The launch offers discerning purchasers an opportunity to acquire a choice of either extra large apartments, excellent duplex homes and magnificent 3 and 4 bed homes in a vibrant new development, which incorporates all local amenities. These magnificent homes have the following specification:

Choice of Quality Fitted Kitchens

Kitchen electrical appliances subject to signing contracts within 21 days

Choice of Tiles and Paint Colours

Quality Fitted Wardrobes

Gas-fired central heating in all houses, duplexes and apartments as standard

Smart Home Technology

High Quality Shires sanitary ware throughout bathrooms and ensuites

Shower Doors fitted to all en suites

Choice of Fireplaces (where fitted)
Pricing as follows:

1 bed apartments from €280,000

2 bed apartments from €320,000

2 bed duplex homes from €320,000

3 bed duplex homes from €335,000

3 bed homes from €395,000

4 bed homes from €490,000

4 bed homes with study & garage from €520,000

Booking deposits, in the form of Cheque/Bank Draft, to be made payable to BCM Hanby Wallace Solicitors in the amount of €5,000, on signing of Contracts within 3 weeks a further deposit of €15,000 will be required.

Also, I would like to inform you that Gunne Mortgage Solutions offer a professional and free independent advice on all aspects of financing your move. We have secured exclusive rates from leading lenders on this development. Please feel free to contact XXXXXXX. With all mortgage applications, Mortgage Solutions are delighted to offer you one weeks free accommodation* for up to 4 people at exciting destinations worldwide, to avail of this special offer please contact us on day of launch on site for more details, Terms & Conditions apply.

(Edited: Removed contact details)

I know quite a few people who registered out here (I admit, I actually suggested it to them), but none of the people I know would be interested at the prices.
They are very strange, considering it is a new town (and we all know the horror stories about new towns in the UK, or closer to home Craigavon, possibly the worst place in NI!!).
Building work will continue for quite some time, infrastructure while supposedly completed in tandem with the dvlpmnt tends to lag the houses somewhat.
The builders have a reasonably good reputation, but the prices are completely illogical considering what can be obtained for less within the M50 boundary.

crystal said:
There were at least 20 cars at Adamstown this morning at 8am.
That would be the "discerning purchasers". Their clocks are broken. Not supposed to be there till 10am:rolleyes:

Brochure and floor plans now available on:

[broken link removed]

From what I've seen, these plans were only made available this morning. Am I right in assuming that the legions of doomed (those q'ing this morning) wouldnt have seen them before now? If so, how on earth is it possible to make an informed choice about what youre buying on the day?

The times property today is giving a good review of them! But maybe we should get the author to declare if he has any vested interest?

I don't know how anyone could think of living in Adamstown let alone paying these prices. Am I wrong or is the only road access to Dublin the one that leads out by Finnstown/Superquinn and then onto the dual carriageway? I suppose you could also head for the Naas road and come onto the M50 that way but that's some Hobson's choice. Anyone buying there should try driving to the area at nearly any time on the weekend to see the buildup of traffic around Superquinn. The prices seem ridiculous especially given what can be purchased now in the surrounding area for less. It was a similar story in my village, a new development of houses had people paying more for smaller less well developed houses (compared to others in the area) around a 50k difference, yet they all sold.

Property suplement is also an advertising suplement, so I think conflict of interest is pretty much a given :)

Had a read on the web:
[broken link removed]

They seem to have restrained themselves from the advertorial piffle you usually get.

icantbelieve said:
Am I wrong or is the only road access to Dublin the one that leads out by Finnstown/Superquinn and then onto the dual carriageway?
At the moment yes. However they are currently constructing a road to Ronanstown that will then have its own access to the M50. A road that will link up to the Celbridge N4 interchange is also to be constructed.

icantbelieve said:
The prices seem ridiculous especially given what can be purchased now in the surrounding area for less. It was a similar story in my village, a new development of houses had people paying more for smaller less well developed houses (compared to others in the area) around a 50k difference, yet they all sold.

Would probably be a great investment if they're that much less as it's only a matter of days when the Adamstown prices will be the standard for the area.

To quote the article:

Prices from €280,000 will suit first-time buyers, families and long-distance commuters moving closer to town.

They neglect to mention that this is for a 1-bed apt. Not likely to fit much of a family in there!! :)

I lived in Lucan up to 3 years ago and was very close to where the end of Adamstown was due to be built. I'm gone 3 years, so maybe things have changed, but, firstly traffic was absolute hell. Hell, Hell Hell!!! The lead up to the M50 roundabout was a dreadful mess, day and night, saturday & Sunday it didn't matter. But worst of all was rush hour. For 3 years I spent 3 hours a day minimum in bumber to bumber traffic to and from work and it was starting to get me down. The bus was ok on the way in, but to get through town and down the quays in the evening took minimum an hour so the bus journey home could be up to 2 hours!

Lots of posters here are mentioning the bad road traffic from Lucan as a negative against Adamstown. I don't know Lucan so this question is directed at someone who knows Lucan well -> what if the train station actually gets built? Wouldn't it be better in Adamstown than living in Lucan as you have better transport facilities?

Also these houses are apparently designed based on the "European town model" - isn't that better than living in a random house in the concrete jungles that have sprung up around old villages like Lucan/Swords?

Finally isn't this Bertie's baby? If this is badly planned and has major problems in the future - won't it reflect badly on Fianna Fail? They are probably fully behind this so that all the facilites promised may for once actually come true?

So basically i'm posting this to ask - What if these houses are better designed, have better transport facilities and school locations etc. Then wouldn't the price actually be worth it?

ariidae said:
I don't know Lucan so this question is directed at someone who knows Lucan well -> what if the train station actually gets built? Wouldn't it be better in Adamstown than living in Lucan as you have better transport facilities?

Adamstown is in Lucan. From my house it will be only a 10-15 minute hopskip&jump to the station. The site is so vast that I'll be closer than those living in the far reaches of the development. I'm sure it will be built as strict milestones have been set down and as far as I know the developers have to build it.
Another station is planned for Kishogue which would cater for Lucan South residents.
I'm looking for a 4bed in lucan at the moment but I want a low density house with a large garden and not overlooked. Yet I will be able to use all the facilities in Adamstown.

ariidae said:
So basically i'm posting this to ask - What if these houses are better designed, have better transport facilities and school locations etc. Then wouldn't the price actually be worth it?
Sure. If it works it will be excellent. But I'm in the situation where i don't need to take the risk. Many first time buyers aren't.

Adamstown isn't Lucan, in fact most of what's called Lucan isn't Lucan but because of the need to justify house prices in this country the developers tag Lucan onto the address.
It's a bit of a stretch, given the numerous existing examples of what goes wrong, to hope that whether this is Bertie's baby or not that everything will turn out rosy. Similar claims were made for Ongar and at the launch I got swept up in the hype and put money down on a house. All I can say is that I soon withdrew my deposit, went elsewhere and thank God, nicely designed houses and planned facilities do not always make a pleasant place to live.
Did you know that there are no plans for a garda station in Adamstown, it will be services by the Lucan station which already has to cover Ongar! Have you read the threads about living close to a railway station (see the Kiln's Portmarnock) and the crime potential it brings with everyone looking to live behind electric gates.
Yes it might turn out to be brilliant but people should go in with their eyes open about what the track record in this country is and not believe everything their told by those with an already vested interest.

Ican'tbelieve, as others have said - parts of Adamstown will not be near the train station.

Also plenty of towns do not have a garda station - i always thought it was interesting that Ratoath doesn't and it has all those rich horsey types!

Can i ask what gave you the foresight to withdraw your deposit on Ongar? I know someone with a lovely penthouse there that he can't rent out!

icantbelieve said:
Adamstown isn't Lucan, in fact most of what's called Lucan
But the development stretches from Lucan Sarsfields, encircles Finnstown House, touches the late Liam Lawlors grounds and ends up right at the back of Superquinn. Are all of the above not in Lucan?

Surely you don't think its a good thing that there's no garda station for this size of a development. I think its fair to say that the people of Ratoath (and other developed areas)would love to have one.
As for pulling out of Ongar, my father pointed out (as I'm trying to do) that while it looked good on paper it was placing a lot of faith in something that at best wouldn't exist for several years. Also that there was plenty of evidence to suggest things wouldn't be as good as they were being painted. We saw the sense in this and realised that the style of the house is no good if you don't like the location. We were then fortunate enough to get a better house in a smashing village with proper amenities and as I've said before, a lotto win might make me move house but not village. I'm not saying that Adamstown won't turn out well, I've seen posts from people living in the Tyrellstown developments that say that the amenities have come and that there's a great community spirit in the area, just that you shouldn't believe only the hype.

jonnyhotspur said:
But the development stretches from Lucan Sarsfields, encircles Finnstown House, touches the late Liam Lawlors grounds and ends up right at the back of Superquinn. Are all of the above not in Lucan?
First off I'm not from Lucan so I don't have any "oh old Lucan used to be great" grudge but how people can consider anything on that side of the dual carriageway Lucan is beyond me. Its like Carpenterstown being called Castleknock (not from Castleknock either so same applies) and it doesn't even have a huge road making a boudary line.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with the areas on that side of the road but it shouldn't have been allowed to be called Lucan just to screw, mainly first time, buyers out of more money.

Just looked at this again and apologies for going off thread, I'm sure there's been plenty of threads discussing this type of thing so feel free to delete this posting. The only part that's possibly on thread is the aspect of tagging Lucan to the address in order to increase Adamstown prices.

icantbelieve said:
and it doesn't even have a huge road making a boudary line.
That's funny logic. Where I live was Lucan long before they ploughed a dual carriageway between me and the village.
I'll say no more about the matter.

Back