Actual time of Bus journey: Lucan to City Centre?

Audders

Hi all,

Considering putting an offer on a great little house in Lucan. Concerned however about the actual length of the bus from Lucan Villiage to Dublin City Centre - pearse street. Dublin Bus website says 80 minutes - is this right? (I know its sunday but drove it in 15 minutes today!!!)

Husband works in Pearse street and I'm in blanchardstown. (9-5 jobs)

Obviously, a nightmare commute for my husband will un-do the deal...would appreciate any advice from anyone who takes this bus in the morning; and also if anyone has anything positive or negative to say about Lucan would love to hear.

We do plan on doing a dummy run next week but would love to hear from anyone who is doing this Monday - Friday.

Thank you.

I would say from Woodies to O'Connell bridge , around 40 mins.

Around 30 mins on one of the X's.

Chapelizod is a bit bottleneck, especially when the kids are being dropped off. The x's bypass Chapelizod.

There is basically a bus lane from Woodies to O'Connell bridge on the X route.

Last edited:
Hi! Audders, just off the topic, bought a house in Sarsfield Park myself last year, after much advice on this site - reallly love it, great location for shops, busses, night link etc. and great neighbours.

Bear in mind Public transport cuts in the next few months.

The Lucan buses are not going to be effected by the cuts according to the local newsletter. As the first poster said, I'd say 40 - max 50mins into town on the bus from Sarsfield. Sarsfield to Woodies has a bus lane most of the way and is only a couple of minutes

I can vouch for it taking around 40 mins. I get the x bus most mornings from a different location in Lucan but it would be equal to coming from the village, and I have gotten the bus back to the village also. Its usually a 40 minute journey when I get the bus at 8 in the morning or 5.30/6 in the evening. I find it a great service.

Lucan is probably underbussed but the cuts have started already, curtailment of the Nitelink to 3am with no services now Monday-Wednesday

I have to say I find it a great service, at peak times anyway I never have to wait long for a bus. There are plenty that go through the village. If they do cut some hopefully it won't be too many!

I would bear in mind that general traffic to Lucan should improve when work on the N4 is completed.

Hi there,

I find the bus service great in lucan. I live in castle riada and get the bus each morning. I walk to Penny hiill (2Mins). The bus usually take between 30 and 35 mins to d'olier st. 25x avoids chapelized and is straight through on the n4. I also get bus sat morning when the 25x does not run. 25a takes 30mins. Im in work for 9.30 and leave my house at 8.40. Once you get the bus times you have no problem.

I do not know about the night link as I never get it but it is about 20euro in taxi out.
I love Lucan - it's close to the city but not to close, there is stil a community feel in the smaller estates.
Hoping this helps and best of luck with the move

If you want to widen your search area, both Leixlip & Maynooth have train services which would go to Pearse Street.

Hi there,

I find the bus service great in lucan. I live in castle riada and get the bus each morning. I walk to Penny hiill (2Mins). The bus usually take between 30 and 35 mins to d'olier st. 25x avoids chapelized and is straight through on the n4. I also get bus sat morning when the 25x does not run. 25a takes 30mins. Im in work for 9.30 and leave my house at 8.40. Once you get the bus times you have no problem.

I do not know about the night link as I never get it but it is about 20euro in taxi out.
I love Lucan - it's close to the city but not to close, there is stil a community feel in the smaller estates.
Hoping this helps and best of luck with the move

great post.
its great to see positivity.

Back