"Act of god" question

Tomas

During the stormy weather over the new year,ridge tiles were blown off my roof and caused 1000 euro worth of damage to a car parked below on my driveway. An insurance assessor has said that the damage to the car is not covered as it was caused by an "act of god" is this normal practice.

What would the position be if the tile had landed on someones head.

Thanks for any advice.

Still and act of God, AFAIK. He can be very cruel!

The only way someone could claim insurance is if negligence was proven - if the tiles were noted as being loose previously, and someone brought this to your attention.

Any legal people might be able to substantiate this.

Does the 'act of God' apply to your house insurance or car insurance?
During a very bad storm about 2 years ago, lightning struck our house, (an act of a vengeful God) blew up the telly, wrecked an old but useable computer and our phone line. Our house insurance paid for the replacement value of the telly plus half the cost of a new computer.

Sorry this query is in connection with the house insurance, the car would be covered under the vehicle policy. I just assumed that as the damage took place within my property boundry the house policy would cover the damage.
Just wondering what if! Say the postman was on his way in and got clobbered what would the position be.
Does there have to be a public lilability clause in the policy.:confused:

Your policy covers your LEGAL LIABILITY rather than your MORAL RESPONSIBILITY. If there is negligence shown in the tile moving, then you are covered under your policy.

it is not possible to blame someone and claim compensation for every misfortune that befalls a person.

Back