accounts package for computer any suggestions?

mlane51

Accounts package : I would like to know of a simple accounts computer package that i can record my monthly accounts on.Alot of them seem very complex and need alot of work to maintain .
Martin

Re: accounts package for computer any suggestions ?

Accounts package : I would like to know of a simple accounts computer package that i can record my monthly accounts on.Alot of them seem very complex and need alot of work to maintain .
Martin

For self employed / small business try MYOB :

or for personal finance try Moneydance :

http://moneydance.com/

I started doing my own book keeping last year - I researched Mamuth,Quickbooks,Sage,myob, and others

I picked Quick Books Regular - cost about 180euro and is the very best, easy to use software of any kind that i have ever used.

Hi,
I have big red books which is good (approx 800euro)
One advantage is that if you make a mistake entering for eg. an invoice you can delete it.
However, as far as I am aware, on packages such as sage etc I think once its entered thats it and you have to reverse with journals etc... messy!

My cousin has ''sort my books'' - it is similar to 'big red books' - worth checking out.

if you want phone numbers I can get them but I'm sure you could google them !

I started doing my own book keeping last year - I researched Mamuth,Quickbooks,Sage,myob, and others

I picked Quick Books Regular - cost about 180euro and is the very best, easy to use software of any kind that i have ever used.

+1;)
Quickbooks is as 'idiot proof' as you can get...
You can also 'try' before you 'buy'...
Pricewise it wins hands down too...

Try Visual Accounts - no double entry gobbeldegook! approx £40 stg.
Or if you want a Quickbooks imitator, try Business-ware about £60 (excellent customiseable reports)
Or try Quickbooks Simple Start - free from most QB site except Irish one!
I'd be interested in anyone elses budget suggestions

Sage Instant Accounts. Nice, cheap, easy and simple. Plus, when your business grows you can easily trade-up to Sage 50 (move all your data from IA to 50). Besides producing revenue accepted tax returns etc. that's one of the advantages of Sage.

I am professionaly involved in business software but none of the above. My recommendation is purely from experience.

Go for Big Red Book, the easiest one to use if not familiar with accounts

If its just a Cashbook you are looking for, I would recommend VT Cashbook. If you want a meatier systen, the VT Transaction will do the job. The Cashbook version is free.

I recommend "Sort My Books" - it is the easiest to use for small businesses.

I do have an association with this company - I do software training for them in Dublin, but do have a look at their website - you can download a 30 day free trial.

Back