Accountant for French Leaseback Tax returns

T

terrencemc

Hi

Has anyone used an accountant for leaseback tax returns? If so how much have they cost?

Thanks

Hi there,

An accountant usually costs appx. 300 EUR a year. I would strongly advise getting one to handle your annual tax returns, and deduct any expenses to avoid having to pay 25% taxes on your profits. If you bought through an agency, maybe you could approach them to set this up for you.

When you bought the leaseback you would have had an accountancy firm looking after the initial VAT rebate? Maybe you could contact them to get a quote for handling your accounts?

By law in France you are obliged to submit an annual return.

Hope this is helpful

Hi

If you purchased a sale & leaseback through an Irish sales agent, I'd speak with them first - there may be a recommended accountant for the scheme in question (granted, this is refer business to the operators mates etc, but for most it should not matter - whats important is good communication between the accountant & operators etc).

If there is no recommendation, then I'd look at trying to get an accountancy firm that:

- speaks English along with French

- has a reasonable size firm, a one man band can be hard to rely on if they have too many clients etc

- has experience with these type of investments (preferably for other Irish owners). If you've invested in a scheme advertisied for sale in Ireland, chances are you'll find lots of other Irish also looking for an accountant, or have just secured one they are happy with etc.

- appears to be charging a reasonable price (around €300 per year sounds right, with a seperate fee if you've not reclaimed the VAT, of approx €150 perhaps)

Cheers

G>

Back