accountant charges

B

Bella

Has anyone got an idea of how much an accountant would charge to keep accounts for self-employed person with no employees?

Re: ....

it would vary depending on the size of office and the work to be done.why not ring a few in your area and ask them.

it also depends on how much of the work you are prepared to do yourself. if you expect them to look after every bit of trivial interaction with revenue then it will cost you more. i prefer to do the simple things myself (vat for example) and keep careful records and organise my paperwork properly so that when it comes to doing the accounts and revenue forms, it only takes the accountant a few hours at the most. they should charge you less in this case.

I know there is threads from time to time complaning about accountant's charges

And I know that most people will find thishard to believe but as Darag said

i prefer to do the simple things myself..........it only takes the accountant a few hours at the most

Most accountants would prefer this, as they do not have staff to perfrom this work

Accountant's offices are usually combined of qualified and unqualified staff
The qualified staff usually have a broadbase of experience and their charge out rates reflect this accordingly and training staff are not usually that far behind, or are their charge out rates

Any good practice I have worked for had an external bookkeeper who they referred work to

This keeps costs for the client down and profitability of the practice up

Stu

Back