Accommodation Queenstown, New Zealand

eiregal

Can anyone recommend somewhere really nice to stay in Queenstown? Heading there on honeymoon and we'll be there for Christmas. We're on somewhat of a budget so if needs be we'll stay in a hostel for a few nights and then move to somewhere really special for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Hope someone can help!

We stayed in a lovely place that had a self contained unit, bedroom and living area in one with our own kitchen facilities. I was trying to find the name online there, I think it might be Pinewood but will see if I can check at home for details. We found it in the Lonely Planet but we were there in early September so it was probably quieter then.

Did you try wotif.com for cheap hotels? I've seen them recommended before but I don't have any personal experience of them.

Stayed here Thomas Hotel, the location is brillant right in the centre and get a lake view room - it is a 5 star location right in the centre on the lake. Room was fine, basic had everything you needed not great but it is great value especially at that price. I was surprised given its location it had not been bought over and done up.

[broken link removed]

Back